Concordia University Online offers both Elementary and Secondary 3-Credit Reading courses with the appropriate field experiences that lead to full certification for the state of Michigan. Get a fresh dose of instructional tips and strategies and learn a host of new assessment, remediation, and learning strategies.
Continue to deepen your understanding of core principles by collaborating with experienced and distinguished educators in engaging online forums. Our eight-week courses prepare you to effectively translate your knowledge of fluency, comprehension practices, phenemics, phonics, and vocabulary into excellent learning opportunities for your students.
- 25% discount to school teachers/administrators working in a Christian school
The curriculum for this program is offered through Concordia University Ann Arbor and is developed to meet all Michigan state standards. It is also able to meet many other state standards. Please check with your state’s department for details.
CUW Online student
Goals / Objectives
- Certification of Elementary or Secondary Required Reading Courses for Michigan State
- Understanding of proper assessment methods for reading disabilities and appropriate instructional strategies
- Knowledge of current educational strategies and practices in screening, visual and auditory tools, language expression, and comprehension
- Mastery of the instructional tools for spelling and writing
- Deeper knowledge of phonemics, phonics, vocabulary, and fluency, in relation to reading and comprehension
- Elementary Reading Specialist
- Secondary School Reading Specialist
- Reading Teacher Consultant
Want to see salary averages for your career?
We've compiled national and regional salary information from the government and have paired it up with careers related to our programs. Check it out!